The High Pressure Fill-Up and Circulating Tool or HPFAC™ is a high pressure casing fill up tool, Flow-Back, and Circulation Tool that will provide positive shut-off of the inside of a casing string. A hydraulic device operated manually or auto-set at any time during casing running operations and run in conjunction with Top Drive System and the IBOP.
The HPFAC™ Tool fits within the elevator without having to change the bails and without having a man in the derrick – STABBERLESS. No action is required by any personnel during Fill-Up and Flow-Back. In the operating mode, the HPFAC™ is similar to that of normal casing fill-up and circulating equipment. The HPFAC™ Tool can be activated at a control panel located on the rig floor or remotely by the driller to cause slips to grip the interior of the casing and to compress a packer-style element to seal the casing and the High Pressure Fill-Up AC™ Tool. In addition to the activation done by an operator or driller, should the casing pressure rise above a pre-set limit (determined by the operator), the HPFAC™ Tool will set automatically without human intervention. This feature, due to the slip arrangement of the HPFAC™ Tool, are gripping the interior of the casing; thus any hydraulic forces caused by casing pressure will not load the top drive or hook.
Features & Benefits:
- Short & Easy to Rig-Up
- Fits in existing elevators without having to change bails
- Circulate, Fill-up, and Flow-Back at any time
- 10,000 psi High Pressure Rating
- Does not load the top drive or hook, bails or elevators
Methods of Operation:
- At low pressures no activation required
- Manually set or released by a control panel at the rig floor
- Remote set or released by (rf) control at the drillers station
- Automatically sets when casing pressure reaches a preset limit